Trainee Electrician

No one can be an electrician in 4 weeks.

Im not expecting to be an electrician in 4 weeks, the knowledge will come experience like any job. The qualifications are a starting block, like I said in the first post, ive got to start somewhere, college is not an option, im 27 with a mortgage.

My first jobs will be either apprentice level or electricians mate with a company, until I can prove myself to be a competent trainee. Im in it for the long haul.

By doing this course i will or hopefully achieve a very good understanding of the subject and be a an asset to an employee hopefully!

Thanks again Chris for a informative reply, settling my nerves for the course now, cheers fella,

Gaz

Sponsored Links
Hi britishrallying

you need to stop thinking your age is a problem for going to college,
have you thought about evening class's?

I was 30 when i went to college and was shocked on how many older people there was starting a career change,

I don't mean to be rude but what they teach you is imposable to take in in just 4 weeks, certainly for what you say your going to learn,

you need to give it some thought mate,
you wouldn't want to waist all that money if you do fail cos its to much in such a little time,

Good luck though.

Sorry if I appear cynical but - an intensive course of the sort you're describing is, if you pass, going to give you nothing more than a couple of pieces of paper, which are worth nothing without the practical experience to back them up with. It' just rote learning to pass exams - the relevance of what you're learning is more than likely going to escape you, because you have no experience of the practical elements to which the regs etc are being applied. IMPO courses of this sort do the industry no good in that anyone can attend and pass, without any practical experience, and then trade as a 'qualified' electrician. Joe Public hasn't the blindest idea about any of the schemes floating around and generally goes for the cheapest.

Gets off soapbox and sits down in a darkened room.

Sponsored Links
I love an advert I've just seen in the local paper tonight:-Become an electrician - its not as difficult as you think.
Guess what.Its from one of those parasite training agencies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back