Tranco TRO 15/19 - Buzzing Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Getting a Buzzing noise from my boiler which appears to be getting louder as the weeks roll on i have the orange burner tro 15/19

It sounds as though its coming from the Oil pump ? it doesn't sound like screaming bearing.
I have cleaned the filter Yearly but never (4yrs) stripped the pump down.

Is The pump serviceable?
Should it be the motor bearings would anyone know what the ref would be ? is it a 6202z ?

BogieBear

Sponsored Links
More likely to be the motor bearings, and I think the code you have is correct...but any bearing factor will measure and supply you with exact ones.
Its best to leave the pump alone, apart from filter cleaning...so long as its providing you with the correct pressure it can be regarded as being ok.
When you are in there, check the motor to pump drive gear and replace it if its getting on a bit.
Cheers John :)

Thanks Burnerman,

Pump pressure @120 all good ... so i'll leave it be .. i might try running the motor without the pump attached (fuel shut) to confirm the bearings ?
Also i'll check the drive gear.

BogieBear

You may notice some noise changes if you do this, but of course the motor won't be under load...you won't necessarily feel any shake in the motor shaft either.
However, the bearings are dead easy to fit, no brushes in the motor so don't let this put you off!
If you want parts, (mail order for stock) I like heating-parts.co.uk - good catalogue, prompt delivery. ABGO is another good one.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks John .. I'll replace the bearings this afternoon - brushless motors Nice !

Regards Craig.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back