Transferring a Registration Number ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to transfer my personal registration number from my old Pontiac onto my Omega.

The Pontiac is now SORN and MOT expired since October 2007.

I'm reading on the DVLA site that they might want to inspect the donor vehicle to confirm its identity, and its my responsability to get it to the inspection, in this case that would mean getting it transported, which would be rather expensive!

How often do they actually call vehicles for inspection?

If i've got to spend an extra couple of hundred quid transporting it around the country, guess I'll forget it, and sell/scrap the Pontiac leaving the plate on it.

Sponsored Links
had no problems transferring my plate, didn`t come out to look at it at all, i think they just put that in the small print to cover themselves, as long as you are the owner i don`t see it being a problem.

When the DVLA wanted to inspect a vehicle I was re-registering, they came out to see me. That was some time ago though.

If they do want to inspect which is unlikely you have to take it to your nearest DVLA centre.

Sponsored Links
they check every vehicle over 16 years old also the next car has to be taxed

Well, I got my number on retention, old vehicle was assigned the number it had when I bought it......20 years ago! No checks or inspections required.

Back