Transformation of a block of flats into a single dwelling ho

We recently put in planning permission to turn some TPO'd oaks into observation posts with great views of the surrounding neighbourhood. Surrounding trees would be felled.

The observation decks would be constructed from blue plastic with tastefully positioned cameras and speakers to drown out the racket from resident greater horseshoe bats, lesser horseshow bats and soprano pipistrlles. A dartford warbler seen nesting towards the top of the tree would be shot.

Cables for the cameras would be draped across the drive necessitating off-street parking.

Why has the stupid council refused planning permission???

Sponsored Links
A lawful development certificate concerns a ‘proposed development’ and not a ‘proposed use’

It matters because a ‘proposed development’ means something should be developed i.e. something should be changed for example the removal of a kitchen or a bathroom. However a ‘proposed use’ mean that only the way the property is used has changed for example only the owner of this property will live in this property instead of having also tenants living in it.

Sponsored Links
It is in my interest to prove that the planning department has wrongly considered that this property was a single dwelling house and as a consequence it has wrongly granted development rights to this neighbour. For the reason is that in this circumstance it will be easier for me to force the planning department to take enforcement action to force this neighbour to remove the development that he made under development rights and that I do not like (do not ask me why I do not like this development because it will be too long to explain and it is irrelevant)

it will be easier for me to force the planning department to take enforcement action to force this neighbour to remove the development

Sorry, but you are wrong on this. You cannot 'force' the planning department to take enforcement action. It is entirely at their discretion. Before taking action, they have to consider the public interest, whether it is worth spending public money, and the prospects of a possible successful appeal.

The issue is not whether or not I can force the planning department to do this or to do that.

This issue is that I can use the complaint procedure of the Council and if my complaint is upheld the planning department can change its mind and take enforcement action to have this development removed.

It is not only a question of time. I do not want to reveal too much if it is not absolutely necessary not to reveal the identities.

It matters because a ‘proposed development’ means something should be developed i.e. something should be changed for example the removal of a kitchen or a bathroom.

According to which regulation or law?

Oh wait, here we go again.......

None so blind as.....

It is not only a question of time. I do not want to reveal too much if it is not absolutely necessary not to reveal the identities.

82 posts on the same topic. Wasn't it originally something to do with opaque glass?

I don't know exactly what you've been hoping to achieve here, but if you think you have legal recourse to solve whatever your problem is, why not just do it? How is blathering on about it here going to help? If any of us here had a magic bullet, we'd have long since used it to shoot more annoying posters than yourself.

Cheers
Richard

‘AronSearle’ said

Auction wrote:

It matters because a ‘proposed development’ means something should be developed i.e. something should be changed for example the removal of a kitchen or a bathroom.

I will reply according to English language

‘AronSearle’ said

Auction wrote:

I will reply according to English language

Not quite; in planning terms, 'development' can mean a change of use, which would not invariably mean a physical change.

I found out that flats and houses all have the same ‘use classes’ “C3 dwellinghouse” in this case there should not be ‘change of use’ if a house is split into flats so why it is necessary to ask for planning permission to split a house into flats?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back