transformer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:(
Please help I have recently changed a faulty transformer in my Kitchen that controls 3 spotlights:
The problem is that once i have connected the new transformer, my lights stay on constantly and cannot be turned off at the switch.
Is this an Earthing problem????
I also have 3 other spotlights controlled by a seperate transformer on the same circuit.

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
if the lights are on as bright as normal, then it sounds like you have connected it to live and neutral as opposed to neutral and switch wire.

how many wires have you where the transformer is, not counting earth or the transformer itself.

Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with the previous transformer?

breezer said:
if the lights are on as bright as normal, then it sounds like you have connected it to live and neutral as opposed to neutral and switch wire.

how many wires have you where the transformer is, not counting earth or the transformer itself.

Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with the previous transformer?
:cry:

I have 3 live and 2 Neutral wires going into 1 Block and 1 Neutral wire into a seperate block.

The transformer just died no power to one set of lights.

i pressume you connected across the live & neutral?

it should go across the single black wire and the two black wires, the single black is your switch wire

Sponsored Links
Sorry are you saying that the live wire from the transformer should go to the black switch wire?

yes, although it is black it is a switch wire (goes live when the switch is operated, it should also have red tape / sleeving on it to indicate it is live) and as your inital post said that you cant turn off the light from the switch i presume you have connected across live and neutral, not neutral and switch wire

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back