Transition from wooden floor to carpet on stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
I installed carpets on the stairs and there is wood on the flooring (ground floor) [pls see picture- the carpet is on the first step of the stairs]
It doesn't look very nice and I looked for nosings but none of them serve this purpose. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3978.JPG
    IMG_3978.JPG
    511.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3989.JPG
    IMG_3989.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That's been badly done - the end of the carpet should have been folded in and tucked in behind to avoid the raw edge against the laminate floor.
Too late for that now of course - I would get some quadrant beading of a suitable size and attach it to the floor, pressed closely against the bottom edge of the carpet

That's been badly done - the end of the carpet should have been folded in and tucked in behind to avoid the raw edge against the laminate floor.
Too late for that now of course - I would get some quadrant beading of a suitable size and attach it to the floor, pressed closely against the bottom edge of the carpet
Hi Chris. Thanks for your advice. The flooring (engineered wood) was done before the carpets. There was not enough space under the wood to tuck the carpet in.

The edge can easily be trimmed with a Stanley and the carpet edge tucked behind with a length of beading cut to size for a smooth finish.

Sponsored Links
Sorry one more thing. Where will it go? on the part of the carpet meeting the wood or on the the whole (including curved area) of the ground meeting stairs?

Attachments

• Beading.JPG
    Beading.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 15

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back