Trapped water under felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.....

I have a porch with nothing under it (if that makes sense) the roof is felted and the underside clad in UPVC. I got on the roof at the weekend as I wanted to check the seals around the window above. On getting on the roof I noticed that the left.most section in the picture below was slightly raised and made a sloshing noise when I stood on it. This only affected the first strip which is the lowest point of the roof. Today I took off a panel of UPVC and carefully drilled a hole in the middle of the first strip from below. A good four litres of clear water came out. I didn't pierce the roofing felt.

The roof is 14 years old and the underside of the OSB is dry. While stepping on the affected felt I couldn't see any water escaping. Where is this water coming from?

Also, can this be fixed by heating the affected strip with a roofing torch? I have access to one which my father has in his garage.

Any help appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20231112_144750_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231112_144750_HDR.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links
A few pics from above will be more helpful showing the flashings around the edges and where the water was.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back