Flashing for Felt tiled roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During the last winter the heavy snow collapsed my garage roof on a concrete sectional garage. I have spent the spring building a new roof and after a summer break I now intend to finish it. It has been completely boarded with 18 mm OSB board sitting on 225 x 50 x 4.8 M beams. The old roof sloped from the front to the back with a 2 degree incline. I have changed this to slope run from the side at a 14 degree incline. It is a single slope roof overlaping the edges by 40 cm to prevent rain water from hitting the side of the garage or the shiplap sides I am going to install.

I have got all my underfelt, and roof tiles from katepal along with a metal drip strip for the the edge. The problem I have is with the sides of the roof. I want to put 45 degree battens on the verge to prevent rain water running of the sides of the roof. Katepal recommend fastening the batten first the lay the felt over it and down the front. The felt tiles are then installted up to the top of the batten but not over it completely. They then say install verge edge flashing over the top of the roof tiles and down the front. This flashing is a metal preformed strip.

I searched the internet for days with no success, does anyone know where I can get some from.

Regards

Karl

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back