Do I have the wrong type of roofing felt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered some roofing felt and battens from my local builders merchant, as they were delivering other wood at the same time too. I'm surprised by the felt that's been supplied - it as tiny stones on one side - the kind that you normally see used on a flat roof. I think I expected it to be plain black on both sides.

Does this matter? My intended use is on a ~30 degree pitched roof under interlocking tiles, with insulation in between and over the joists. The felt is 'Green Mineral Felt, Rose roofing, 10Mx1M, Ref 38'

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your suppliers are 'avin a larf!

Send it back and order a roll of breathable membrane as this is what is required.

We call sarking or underslaters membrane.

Cheers. Admittedly I did ask for 'felt' but since it was in the same sentence as '75 linear metres of battens' I'm disappointed that they didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Sponsored Links
Cheers. Admittedly I did ask for 'felt' but since it was in the same sentence as '75 linear metres of battens' I'm disappointed that they didn't put 2 and 2 together.

You need to envisage whom you are talking to.

Picture a bored, underpaid, kick-about, who would rather be off his nuts in Ibiza, and you will understand that putting 2+2 requires a monumental effort. :rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back