Quote for a new felt roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I received this quote for a new felt roof. The roof is approx 18.5 ft(5.7m) * 10 ft (3m).

Strip off felt roof coverings and deck boards removing all debris from site.
Supply and fix new 200mm firring pieces to existing roof joints.
Supply and fix new 18mm plywood deck boards.
Refelt using 2 No. layers underlay and 1 No. layers 38kg green mineral roofing felt.

Price - £1,760.00 plus £308.00 VAT.

Does this sound reasonable?

I'm in Sunderland, UK btw.

Sponsored Links
There's no way i'd pay that much for a felt roof.
I'm renewing my currently felted garage roof with rubber sheeting.
www.rubberfix.co.uk
It looks really easy to do and theres a 20 year guarantee on the stuff, try getting that with felt, If you don't want to do it yourself I'm sure they'll give you a quote.
( I don't work for them by the way)

full strip , new stirling boards , all rubbish removed , 50 yes 50 year insurance backed guarantee , only £60 square metre , take a look at ROOFTEC , fibreglass 4 sure forget felt , its had its time

duff67k said:
full strip , new stirling boards , all rubbish removed , 50 yes 50 year insurance backed guarantee , only £60 square metre , take a look at ROOFTEC , fibreglass 4 sure forget felt , its had its time
Thats 17.1sq.Mx£60.00=£1026 :idea: Plus vat?=£1205.55

Sponsored Links
duff67k said:

I just joined the forum and Rooftec is doing the flat roofs of our recently aquired house in Skegness on the 6th April (couple of days from now). Will be blogging about it at http://www.oneworldcoffee.com/ when it's done (will take some pictures and moan a lot if not happy :)).

We got various quotes for completel replacement (one of the roofs has had it) and they came in at the low end, but what swayed the decison was it's fibreglass with a 50yr gaurantee (realise this length of gaurantee is only as good as the company lasting that long, but it beats 10-20yrs).

We are having 4 flat roofs replaced on a 4 storey building for a little more than the OP is paying. No idea what the cost is per Sqft though (will work it out next time I'm there) there is definetly more roof to cover than the OP has though. We have a bathroom roof and two dormer window roofs (one almost the width of the house) at the top of the house and a 2 storey flat roof (quite large) to be replaced.

Very happy to see someone reccmend the company here (did you use them for a roof?) will post what I think of the quality of the work etc... on my blog when complete.

David

yes , had two roofs done , garage and extension , 68 m in total about 8 months ago , the workmen were helpful and professional , they cleaned up , i am very pleased with them , i dont know if it helps but i asked for address near me so i could have a look at 1 of there other jobs , only thing that i was not happy about to start off was that they kept delaying , but it was explained to me about the weather putting other jobs behind , i think they are a big firm and have been going for about 20 years , anyway i was more than happy ,,, :)

please note forum rules 6, and general information item K

ThePistols (The op) only made 2 posts over 11 months ago

Old-LastYearAirlines.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back