Travertine , cleaning off bloom after tiling.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do I need to use any chemicals, half my floor is on timber so flexi additives make the grout bloom more resistant to cleaning and although grout removal pads work quite well they are chewed by the rough edge the Travertine tile and the resulting marks take more work than the grout removal to clean off.[around 40 sq m]

Sponsored Links
the first time i used travertine i had a similar problem but used grout film remover now i always seal first then lay saves any staining

I dont understand if your travertine is down or only proposed?
Travertine from the box should be cleaned of dust, and then sealed (seal twice maybe).
Use a powdered adhesive.
Adhesive, sealer and grout should be discussed with the tile supplier's.

Crossing a join from solid to suspended you have to honour the crack ie. treat the join as a crack and prepare it as such.

When the tile is down it should be cleaned off again and sealed again. This will fill all pitted holes.
Allow to dry before grouting.
Flexi grout from Mapei for instance doesn't need additives?

Beware chemical cleaners without consulting the suppliers as above. Yes, chemicals do work but with conditions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back