Travertine Stone Damage How to restore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience of removing stains from Travertine stone tiles?

Travertine stone has been used for a fireplace in my house and they dont appear to have been sealed. It looks like some ordinary abrasive household cleaner has been used to clean the tiles.

This fireplace has a wood burming stove so it looks like this cleaner has done a lot of damage on the tiles. I dont intend to use this woodburner so I am looking for a permanent solution to cleaning these tiles then sealing them.
Does anyone have any idea what best way to go about this? I have tried oil soap but it didnt work . Would it be best to use an abrasive rather than a chemical cleaner ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
thanks it does help. It has been impossible to remove this stain and it was most definitely put in by someone who didnt know what they were doing .Travertine belongs near water like a bathroom setting not a fireplace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back