Travian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason my internet explorer keeps opening a new browser and uploads a Travian game as well as various other "rude" sites (wah hey you may say, but slightly annoying). A friend downloaded firefox and it seems to be working fine with that, but wondered whether there was a way to stop it from occuring. I have McAfee, downloaded AVG and some other Malware stuff and run them all. Then removed them after I ran them so now left with McAfee.

Sponsored Links
You certainly have a browser hi-jacker.

1st thing to do is clear out all your temporary files, tool of choice is ATF Cleaner , it is free and you do not have to install it. Download and instructions here:
ATF CLEANER

Download MalwareBytes' AntiMalware aka MBAM, it too is free, FROM HERE, click the green download button on the left of the page and save the file to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
o Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* Then click Finish .
· If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full scan , then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK , then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected .
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Reboot as required.

dave

We could do with a FAQ section for this type of stuff. It's probably the most common type of question that gets asked.

We could do with a FAQ section for this type of stuff. It's probably the most common type of question that gets asked.

Totally agree. I very rarely respond on this forum as its always the same old , same old.

Sponsored Links
If it's such a common problem why not let people ask the question? It's unlikely that 'Joe Bloggs' will have EXACTLY the same issue as 'Jane Smith' and will therefore bypass the FAQs and ask a question 'they feel' is pertinent to 'their' problem anyway.

Totally agree. I very rarely respond on this forum as its always the same old , same old.
But you felt motivated just enough to respond to this stating that you rarely respond on this forum! :confused: Why bother making any response then? If members respond to questions it's up to them. What difference does it make to you?

It's unlikely that 'Joe Bloggs' will have EXACTLY the same issue as 'Jane Smith'

Wrong. Hence Igorians and my comments. Malware infections typically require the same advice as given by Dave in this post.

If members respond to questions it's up to them. What difference does it make to you?

Can you show me where I said I had a problem with members responding to peoples queries? :rolleyes:

But you felt motivated just enough to respond to this stating that you rarely respond on this forum!

Yet again you seem to be struggling to understand, so I will elaborate. A FAQ was suggested by Igorian to help forum members/respondants. I replied to his post and agreed that in my opinion the FAQ was a good idea. You disagree with us. You are entitled to your opinion, but as with mine, that is all it is, an opinion.

Then we're both in the same boat mate. :cry: Both my parents actually!

Anyway, I'm outta here, me eyes has gone all glassy!

Thanks very much Dave and I appreciate you taking the time out to repeat an answer to my problem, despite it being something that a number of people had asked about.

I've run the programs but they are not picking anything up, depsite my browser still being hijacked. I guess I'll stick with Mozilla and hope it's not serious.

Thanks again for the help

Mina,
Try SuperAntiSpyware
It is free, install it and check for updates, then reboot your computer into safe mode and run a full scan with SAS. Let that remove everything it finds.
Then boot into normal mode and see how you get on.

To get the SAS screen to show you have to double click the desktop shortcut and then right click the little yellow bug in the systray (next to the clock), click View Control Centre.

If not sure how to boot into safe mode just ask.

dave

Thanks Dave. Finally got round to doing to downloading and running the program. Ran it and although it looked promising, as soon as I tried using Internet Explorer another web-site automatically opened up. So fed up with it. But at least it doesn't happen with Firefox.

Thanks anyway. I really do appreciate the replies!

Sponsored Links
Back