Treadmill problem - inconsistent speed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Weslo treadmill which will not hold to a set speed, the actual speed varies, generally falling & then recovering making this piece of equipment useless as is.
It is made up of a brushed universal motor, belt driving to the walking belt. The walking belt roller pulley has a magnetic pick up for the speed digital display. Speed is set by a sliding rheostat. Speed control is via a circuit board, the exact design of which I am uncertain, but it's probably some sort of pulse modulation & fairly well known technology to speed control experts.
I have checked the motor brushes & the sliding potentiometer, both seem fine. Is there any way to establish whether the speed control board is "probably faulty". Replacing either motor of speed control board would be uneconomic, the treadmill is a "low cost" unit. But if a suspect component could be located on the speed board, that could easily be replaced.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Pete

Sponsored Links
No the magnetic pick-up seems OK.
It appears to accurately report the walking belt speed as it moves from the desired setting.
I do not believe there is any feedback to the speed control circuit board from this speed sensing device.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back