TREATED DAMP STILL THERE

OH WELL NEW YEAR NEW PROBLEM,JUST REMOVED CARPET AND YEP YOU GUESSED IT .ITS BLOODY WET,NOT THE CARPET THE FLOOR.

Sponsored Links
its too low for it to be condensation.think ill be taking a few bricks out of the wall to see whats in the cavity.

A test on the top 100 commonly used bricks i:e. different consistencies in each. was carried out a few years back , which consisted of laying individual brick pillars in a tank of water i think for 15 years.The maximum rise acheived by the water was about 100 mm by the most porous. I dont believe in rising damp ! How does damp rise through stock brick . Most cases of damp i think is outside conditions find there way in, or , condensation. Just my point of view and experience.

Sponsored Links
A test on the top 100 commonly used bricks i:e. different consistencies in each. was carried out a few years back , which consisted of laying individual brick pillars in a tank of water i think for 15 years.The maximum rise acheived by the water was about 100 mm by the most porous. I dont believe in rising damp ! How does damp rise through stock brick . Most cases of damp i think is outside conditions find there way in, or , condensation. Just my point of view and experience.

I suppose to repeat it more and more. Perhaps it may help better than clever advertisement from business against "Rising Damp" ;)
Konrad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back