Treated vs tanalised

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I ordered Tanalised CLS from my local timber supplier and they have delivered treated CLS. This is going to be used for my wooden shed base, is the treated OK? Or should I get them to exchange it?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
tanalized is a treatment
you need to ask if its pressure[vacuum ]treated or just surface treated
suspect its what you asked for

Tanalised timber has been put under vacuum and then pressure to get the tanalising material deep into the timber. Treated timber that has not had vacuum then pressure will only have a thin surface layer of treated timber. Any damage to that thin layer will expose untreated timber to the atmosphere / rain etc etc.

The best will be timber that has been put under vacuum and then pressure. Tanalising is good. The timber framed house we built in 1981 has Tanalised main timbers which are still in perfect condition.

Sponsored Links
Thank you. The supplier has confirmed that the wood has had tanalith applied under pressure.

The vacuum is important as it sucks out moisture and trapped air from the depths of the timber. Then the tanalith is able to fill those voids.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back