Treatment of weathered / damaged brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
B1201E84-6CCA-486F-8C12-68941C1C176C.jpeg
A612BF59-43FF-4C89-B178-BDC258B537E3.jpeg
D90B28C6-29BE-4363-AB96-E565BA9CD51B.jpeg
Hello,

Can anyone advise me on the method of improving the weathered brickwork shown in the photos attached?

There is a red brick with discolouring and weathering and also a buff brick which has began to crumble.
the buff bricks in similar houses in the street have been replaced so I’m fairly comfortable with that. It’s whether I can treat the red bricks which concerns me.

Ideas of treatment and indicative costing would be appreciated!

Thanks
Robert

Sponsored Links
No. Those salts will still be leeching out when your grandchildren's children inherit the place.

Hi, not sure about the guttering. Think it’s been fixed now. We’re just in the process of purchasing the house.

would any of that jet wash off, or would that deteriorate the brick further?

regards,
Robert

Sponsored Links
Hi, not sure about the guttering. Think it’s been fixed now. We’re just in the process of purchasing the house.

would any of that jet wash off, or would that deteriorate the brick further?

regards,
Robert

Those salts are leaching out. Jet washing or rain or hosing merely causes the salts to soak back in to reappear when the wall dries off.

That's a new house by the looks of things, and had poor quality control when it was being built.

It's not detrimental, just unsightly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back