TREE WITH TPO GETTING IN THE WAY OF PLANNING AN EXTENSION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

I am planning at extension downstairs in my home to build a bedroom and shower room for my elderly father, who is increasingly finding it difficult to go upstairs to his bedroom.

It is very possible that a tree (which is in the neighbour’s garden) with a TPO may be getting in the way. The tree is quite large and overhangs in our garden. Our neighbour also wants to get rid of the tree and did apply to do so, but his application was rejected by the local council because the tree has a TPO on it.

Do you think it is worth my while also applying to the council to get rid of the tree to build my extension, or do you think it may not be worth it because my neighbour’s application was rejected.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sponsored Links
And when they come to check why it has died, and discover it was intentional, your neighbour, or you, may very well face criminal proceedings.
Much better to try and negotiate a resolution than to go out on an attack.

Sponsored Links
I wonder how many trees we would have left if everyone had the same idea?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back