Trellis on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm about to fix 4 lattice trellis panels to an 8 metre long boundary wall ,the trellis to be approx 18 inches higher than the 5' wall.No problem except that the wall and yard slopes away and is probably 18" to 2' lower at one end. It will be fixed to uprights 3x2.
Do I fit the trellis so it is level all the way,or step it down as I go?
Hope this makes sense
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can the panels twist, or are they fixed. If fixed, step them, if they can twist, bend them to follow the line of the fence.

Thanks for reply,Can't get there till next week, how do I post a pic?
Can the panels twist, or are they fixed. If fixed, step them, if they can twist, bend them to follow the line of the fence.
Not sure what you mean by twist. They are 6x3 Diamond trellis, will be fixed on 3x2 posts fixed to brick wall,with approx 18 " above wall level.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Some trellises are pinned by a staple at each joint, and therefore won't twist; others only have a nail in them, so can be knocked out of shape.

Some trellises are pinned by a staple at each joint, and therefore won't twist; others only have a nail in them, so can be knocked out of shape.
Ok I see, they seem to be dovetailed at the corners

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back