Trianco 15/19 oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help. My free standing floor oil boiler Tiranco 15/19 is pushing out huge amounts of black smoke from the chimney.
I have had a look and suspect to much fuel is getting through however I do not know what to adjust to rectify the problem.

Any info would be appreciated

lewi

Sponsored Links
You don't.

You are right, it is too much fuel for the air, but you first need to establish the motor capacitor is making the fan run fast enough, (is it the right value?) then you need to measure the oil pump pressure. Can you do both of these?

Though the first thing you could check is the flue, if it goes up a chimney it could be blocked (as could the boiler itself). Switch off the power and take the access plate off, you will probably need to clean out the boiler. Once that's done, get a piece of corrugated cardboard, light it and snuff it out so it smokes. If you hold it near the flue inside the boiler, the smoke should be drawn out.

Oilman,

No I can't. I can see an adjuster on the side with numbers 1-5 and the dial is on approx 2.5.

There is also a silver alen key bold which when turned goes in and out this is next to the oil bleed nipple. Other than that I cannot see what else can be adjusted.

lewi

lewi said:
Oilman,

No I can't. I can see an adjuster on the side with numbers 1-5 and the dial is on approx 2.5.

There is also a silver alen key bold which when turned goes in and out this is next to the oil bleed nipple. Other than that I cannot see what else can be adjusted.

lewi

I have checked the Flu it is a bit black however clear.

Sponsored Links
You could try turning the air to say 3 and see if this helps, other than that you will need to get someone in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back