Trianco oil boiler - hot water works but heating doesn't

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Our Trianco Eurostar oil fired boiler heats water as it should but when we switch on heating the light comes on to the control panel but boiler does not fire. We've adjusted and checked the thermostat but has no effect. Pressure looks fine too.

We had the unit serviced in early June but have not used the heating since then (it's been sooooo hot in Scotland!). To be honest I can't remember if we didn't have the heating on at all since the service or if we had it on once or twice then didn't use it so can't completely say if this has been exactly since the service or not.

Is there anything I should be checking before I call out engineer? (Last service cost a whopping £350 so want to avoid another call out if I possibly can!)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Is it a combi boiler? If so, is the motorised valve opening? If not, check feed to the live wire. If it is, check feed from auxiliary switch to burner and pump. You may need a new actuator, or just a synchron motor.

@servotech @oilhead
Thanks both for your replies, much appreciated. Will investigate further with your suggestions.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back