trianco12kw running costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had one of these boilers fitted a couple of weeks ago.We live in an average size two bed house with new radiators fitted all round the property.Was wondering if anyone else has had one of these boilers fitted because we are paying a fortune to run it,if we have it heating on in the house all day at 20 degrees and the hot water on for an hour at night it is costing £10 a day.Bearing in mind also that we have no gas bill everything is electric.Does this sound about right,because if it is its coming out and i will be fitting a wood burner.We are paying 10.76 per unit
Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
well, youre losing heat somewhere or boiler is running with too much air.

was boiler commissioned?

Sponsored Links
well, youre losing heat somewhere or boiler is running with too much air.

Think OP means Trianco Aztec electric (not oil) boiler

Costs sound about right, average say 4kW continuous. You ARE running a bit warm though. 20 is OTT. These boilers were designed for estates or blocks of flas where the demands are relatively low, and the developer has negotiated a special tarriff with the electricity supplier.

Cheers all,oilman i think you have told me what i think i already new thing is they are advertising these boilers as the new best thing for rural properties seen as gas and oil keep going up,reacon i would of been better off going for the oil.Never mind at least i have got a decent water heater.
Stroll on the summer
Thanks again

Remember oil price varies. The cost per litre recently fell from a peak of 41p/ltr to 29p/ltr, thats nearly 30% drop in a matter of weeks. You'd never get the privatised ulilities do that with gas or electricity.

rocker1 - surprised no-one's mentioned the following:
1. who installed Trianco unit for you?
2. this should be spec'd by a good heating engineer.
3. if this was spec'd and installed by your local electricity supplier, your electrical supply to this boiler should be running on economy.10, or, eco.7 as a minimum.
4. i'm assuming you've got a separate dhw cylinder (vented or unvented) and not heating water directly from boiler to dhw outlets.
5. your system should have been commissioned by a good engineer after install as the commissioning process would have highlighted any problems/future problems within system
6. if you're running ch part of system @ 20deg all day - you shouldn't be - and at least you should be using good heating controls to each room via trv's and zone controllers.

i've spec'd and installed many electrical boilers for the local electricity utility (btw - i'm an oftec engineer) and have never had a client with £300 per month electricity costs. hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back