Tribune HE - luke warm water in shower but hot in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have Tribune HE electric boiler in my flat. It has been no problem with it for at least 5 years now. However recently I noticed a worrying problem. When I shower, I noticed the water became luke warm, not hot enough. I have a scale on my tap. Previously to get hot water, I had to turn the tap on at 30 - 35C. Now, to get hot enough water, I have to set the tap to even 45C, then the temperature is right.
But water in my kitchen is normally hot and I haven't noticed any problems.

Can you advice what could be a problem? Maybe there is something I can adjust on my boiler and solve this before I call a plumber? Thank for advice.

Sponsored Links
The shower is likely to have an integral thermostat, which you won't be able to see. If all hot water other than shower is OK, then, as above, the most likely culprit is the thermostatic shower cartridge.

If you can find a name an model for your shower, you should be able to find a replacement via a plumber's merchant or the internet. If you can't find a name, send a photograph to showerdoc.com.

Sponsored Links
All

Thank you all for your advice. You are right, the shower has internal thermostat. I've already ordered replacement and waiting for delivery. If I don't post anything within a week, it means the problem is solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back