Trickle Vents

I hate the awful things and went to great lengths to avoid them!

I will let the experts answer your question on what should have been offered...

Sponsored Links
I hate the awful things and went to great lengths to avoid them!

I will let the experts answer your question on what should have been offered...

Its just in the bedrooms we get some condensation not as much as before due to new windows and to have air flow would reduce this further as leaving windows on the locked latched get a bit too cold!!

I am thinking of a PIV unit maybe as this is proven very good for the illimitation of all issues and good air quality within the house!!

Not sure on Northern Ireland regs , but England is very much a case of if trickle vents were fitted to the old windows they must be on the new , and if not on old windows then any room that does not have airbricks ( or similar types of vents ) but does have a fire/cooker/Rayburn/boiler that uses combustible materials then you should fit trickle vents ( eg , open fires, log burners , gas fires, gas cookers, oil Rayburn's etc ). Trickle vents were never introduced to combat condensation, purely the potential build up of carbon monoxide and other harmful gases. Best ways to get rid of condensation is purge ventilation.

Sponsored Links
We are in England and did an extension in 2012 where 2 completely new windows were fitted and also a lot of the old DG units replaced. We went for triple glazed tilt and turn windows with NO trickle vents. Although the new windows have a "trickle vent" position the buildings inspector never commented on or asked for trickle vents.

As was said before ventilating a room is more energy efficient if you open a window or door wide for a few minutes rather than using trickle vents all day. If any you get more little black ?? mold around the trickle vents with the local cooling effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back