trickle vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good morning can i fit trickle vents on this part of the window frame ?

my windows are similar to this, there is not enough room at the top of the window for a vent.

the bit in yellow is where i want to fit them.

KGrHqVHJC0FCyfOMj5oBQykwHDL0w60_57_zpsaa18b60c.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi

You might want to screw up slightly on an angle to miss the glazing channel. Can it not go on top of the sash ( the opener ) ???

no because the little windows they open right upto the frame almost leaving no room.

would it be ok to fit them there ?

Puzzled, you should have as much room on the top of the opener as you have on the transom you've marked?

Sponsored Links
I don't see any reason why not and like DHF said as long as you don't screw into the chanel where the glass goes then should be fine.

Better to not fit trickle vents, and solve the ventilation problem with an alternative solution if possible as I remember reading something about trickle vents essentially being outlawed under EU rules in or around 2016.

Because of the amount of heat that can be lost through them... the more favourable method will be to use a heat exchanger so outgoing air is used to heat incoming air minimising heat loss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back