tricky floor project

Err no it won't. It's a point were any movement in the floor will be shown by cracking tiles (silicone or no).

Sponsored Links
Err no it won't. It's a point were any movement in the floor will be shown by cracking tiles (silicone or no).
Would have thought that a nonails type adhesive would set rock solid over time. If not, then I stand corrected.

You can use 'no-more-ply' 6mm on the floor. Better than plywood - that went out with the ark.

All this advice is much appreciated but this seed of doubt has now been sown, am i going to have problems with my 25mm ply considering i'm taking 20mm depth out of it :confused:

joe-90, is this 'no more ply' similar to the cement board i was considering using on top of my existing floor board?

Sponsored Links
Would have thought that a nonails type adhesive would set rock solid over time. If not, then I stand corrected.
It will, but you'd still end up with weak points where it could flex.

No more ply.

Am a bit confused by this product. Am sure that like any tile backer board it probably won't leak or rot, but it doesn't seem to suggest anywhere that it will decrease floor flexibility, which may lead to cracked tiles.

Piece of advice for ya, completely ignore Joe-90 in this section of the forum - he's nothing but a wind-up merchant and has no interest in you doing the job correctly.
so...... what is the best solution for my problem :confused:
The whole point in replacing the floor with 25mm ply is to make it rigid. If you're talking about having a strip routed out so that it leaves the ply at a thickness of 3-5mm then I fear you're going to have problems with the ply flexing over this area. If I were doing this job, I'd be overboarding with 12mm ply and living with the extra floor height. At least this way you'll have piece of mind.

gcol is a tiling dinosaur. He's not even a tiler. He's years behind the game. Listen to him at your peril.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: What's all this gcol is an old un, gcol is a dinosaur business. Been listening to than Jefoss methinks. :LOL: :LOL:
I'm not old dammit, I'm not!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back