Trimming Wood Flooring and Cut a Gap Under Skirtings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I was wondering if any body could suggest an easy way to trim some wooded flooring and to cut a gap under some skirting that is already fixed to a wall?

I have laid some wooden flooring and where the threshold bar will be going the boards are bit jagged. This is due to the boards being cut slightly short or too long. So, what I would like to do is draw a straight line across them and trim off the ends, if possible. As the floor is already laid I cant use a saw as this would be quite difficult.

Another thing is that I am considering is to lay more wooden flooring in my hallway. I like the look of the skirtings and architrave sitting on top of the floor. I don't want to use scotia or beading to hide the expansion gap. In the other room no skirtings or architraves have been fitted yet, so I don't have that problem there.

Is there a way that I cut the skirtings so I can slide the flooring underneath. I don't really want to have to take off and replace the skirtings or architraves, so I was wondering if this is possible?

I have seen some of the small saws like the JML Exactsaw that look like they could do these sort of jobs.

Does anybody know or recommend a powertool that I could use to achieve these jobs or any other methods?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
A bosch p180e will under cut architrave and trim the boards to length insitu, taking off the skirting is the best method for laying boards.

if you are saying the floor is already laid then you will need to remove[throw away ]the flooring and start again
you really need to remove the skirting to do a proper job
laying laminate with undercut skirting is a job for the proffesional
you can do it with one side and one end removed but still not easy
iff its only cutting a small amount then as said 180e or simmilar

Sponsored Links
if you are saying the floor is already laid then you will need to remove[throw away ]the flooring and start again
you really need to remove the skirting to do a proper job
laying laminate with undercut skirting is a job for the proffesional
you can do it with one side and one end removed but still not easy
iff its only cutting a small amount then as said 180e or simmilar
I don't think he said that. ;)
He need to trim existing floor at threshold and undercut skirting in another room, if I understood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back