trip that wire no more mr zanussi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a second washing machine in the garage. Its a zanussi jetsystem 1000 and is over 6 years old. Its rarely been used in that time but was working ok years ago and hasnt been used since until now. When i switch it on it fills then does 2 wash cycles and then trips. It drains fine without tripping as i moved it to this mode to extract the water.

I have changed the plug and removed the panel to dry out the electrics with a hairdryer. Im not holding out for much hope as i realise the damp has probably got into it but it would be an achievement if i got it going. thankyou

Sponsored Links
It could be damp in the motor or any other component , as you suspect. Try disconnecting the heater element & drying the motor with your hairdryer but you will need to play it on the motor for a good length of time in order to remove all condensation, pay particular attention to the brush area.

It could be damp in the motor or any other component , as you suspect. Try disconnecting the heater element & drying the motor with your hairdryer but you will need to play it on the motor for a good length of time in order to remove all condensation, pay particular attention to the brush area.

Where abouts do i find the heater element? Is it at the bottom near the motor. Your help is much appreciated thanks

Not 100% sure but it will usually be at the lowest point of the drum, there will be 2 terminals but possibly more than 2 wires, it is fairly obvious when you see it.

Sponsored Links
The heater element is at the rear bottom of the tub.

to get to it is is usually easier to remove the back half of the outer shell of the machine.

Remove the motor as well and leave that somewhere warm for a day or so to dry out.

remove the motor brushes and check to see if the brushes had stuck to the commutator at all.

This will allow the wiring and motor to get plenty of air around them and dry out.

Possibly the heater element has failed hence the reason it gets part way through it should read around 27 ohms resisitance and infinity to earth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back