TRIPLE GLAZING ? why not ?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
why is it almost impossible to buy** triple glazing windows in the UK ?

does everyone live miles away from roads / traffic / neighbours ?

clearly not.

so for the sake of a few more £££ per window, we could all be having the benefits of triple glazing, but we dont, we all just make do with double glazing

why ?

with all the new tech over the last 20 years, why do we live in a world where everything is made faster, cheaper, and more and more rubbish in quality ?

why why why ????

have people really become so potato like in their aspirations and ideologies ?

bankers, the lot of em.

** i found 1 firm, they charge 20x the normal rate, as they dont have any competition etc etc

Sponsored Links
I had a triple glazed bedroom window made once, by a window fabricator in Hove. The price they quoted was the same as for double glazed, provided that I was prepared to wait for it to be made.

The larger of the two glazing units was so heavy I had difficulty lifting it. As the beads were fitted on the outside (this was a long time ago) I had to carry it up the ladder to the first floor. When I got it up there I realised that the fanlight I'd left open so that I could reach the beads and tools I would need was in the way of putting the glazing unit in place. I still don't know how I managed to lean backwards far enough to thread it through the gap between the top of the ladder and the fanlight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back