Triton Altair thermostatic bar mixer (replace thermostatic head)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above, the temperature adjustment does not adjust the temperature sufficiently.
I have removed the knob & adjusted the spindle to the cold position as it will go water is still hot, if I turn it the other way its scalding. I am guessing the cartridge needs replacing, how does it come out, I have looked on line, there is no grub screw, no nut, is it just a pull out, I have tried but didn't want to force it.
Have guests staying soon need to sort it.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I had found that, but mine is this.

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 166
Sponsored Links
It looks like its as cheap to buy new item.

Item location:
ShenZhen, China

Postage:
Free Economy Delivery | See details
International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.

Cheap yes indeed,cheap for a reason :idea:

if you dont need the shower kit,have a search for these makers (there are others) grohe,bristan,crosswater. mixer valve only sometimes they come up on inter sales sites.

This would be my preference by a long mile https://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/60693.htm

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Quite often, when they stop working, it's a replacement job, but if you want to try a bit further, then prise off the circlip, take off the outer restrictor spline, and then unscrew the thermostat. To check the temperature setting when you reassemble, (which you'll need to do with the new unit) insert and tighten upt the cartridge, run the shower and adjust the cartridge to get a temp of 38C, and then reinsert the restrictor spline, and then finally the circlip and the control knob.

Now does anyone know if these use a standard cartridge that can be interchanged.

Quite often, when they stop working, it's a replacement job, but if you want to try a bit further, then prise off the circlip, take off the outer restrictor spline, and then unscrew the thermostat. To check the temperature setting when you reassemble, (which you'll need to do with the new unit) insert and tighten upt the cartridge, run the shower and adjust the cartridge to get a temp of 38C, and then reinsert the restrictor spline, and then finally the circlip and the control knob.

Now does anyone know if these use a standard cartridge that can be interchanged.
Looking at the price of a cartridge, I have decided to replace the whole unit.
Thanks for your reply.

There are non return valves and a fine gauze filter on both the inlets to these. Isolate supplies and remove the mixer from the supply pipework, and see if the filters are clean. I lost patience with mine and removed the filters altogether, made for better flow rates and a better showering experience.

The cartridge will unscrew, you need water pump pliers to undo it. Give it a wash out, and refit, see what happens.

I bought a new one from UK supplier, but its Chinese, taking the old one off there were no filter issues. £25, took 10 mins well pleased, fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back