Triton Aquatronic 4 issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stumped on this one shower goes colder for a second or so and then gets hot again,i have checked resistence on the elements both are 12 ohms.just to be 100% certain I had a spare unit around,removed the element,and after testing the resistence both again around 12 -13 ohms,swapped it still the problem is there.I have descaled both the head and hose.I have not checked the inlet filter mesh,but the pressure seems more than adequate.No low pressure light and flow seems constant as temperature drops off.Could the board be at fault ?.Ive also now swapped over the board from the spare unit still same.I have also removed and checked the inlet filter nothing there blocking flow,also changed the front panel pcb for the spare one no joy still.So everything inside has been swapped over and still hot then cold flow every few minutes.Could it possibly be a weak breaker.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys fellas,mine is just the 4 and doesn't have that part,it has a pressure relief valve fitted there.My clamp meter packed up so can't read the current pull at the moment.It does seem like the TCO is clicking in but water pressure seems ok.Full flow from hose when head removed reducing as the stabiliser valve is turned.The stabiliser valve was new last year.Going to try to get hold of a pressure tester,although gauge on my combi shows well over 1.5 bar.Any thing else I may be missing ?.

Sponsored Links
No mate,descaled both head and hose,checked inlet filter for debris nothing there,checked flow at outlet without hose connected both seem fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back