triton aquatronic 4 issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stumped on this one shower goes colder for a second or so and then gets hot again,i have checked resistence on the elements both are 12 ohms.just to be 100% certain I had a spare unit around,removed the element,and after testing the resistence both again around 12 -13 ohms,swapped it still the problem is there.I have descaled both the head and hose.I have not checked the inlet filter mesh,but the pressure seems more than adequate.No low pressure light and flow seems constant as temperature drops off.Could the board be at fault ?.

Sponsored Links
Clean the filter before suspecting something else.

Does it still do it with the head removed only the hose connected ?
Have you checked the inner hose of the shower hose isn't collapsing ?

The low pressure neon won't come on you have a flow fault not pressure.

Right after working for quite a while getting drops onto low pressure again,if I tap the case a few times it comes back to on .No loose connections or bad spades,also the temp seems high even when its only set at 3 on the dial.checked filter hose and head powerful flow when turned fully cold.possible fault on PCB soldered joint ?.Great shower when it works ok.

Seco doesn't post here so much nowadays, which is a shame cos he's the top man on showers, so you may have to wait a while for his reply.
But seeing as you didn't so much as even acknowledge his first reply, it might be a long while. :rolleyes:
The temperature will be higher in summer due to warmer incoming mains water, have you switched it to economy setting?

Sponsored Links
Sooey,Yes thanks for that and it wasn't my intention not to reply thank him etc.So thanks seco even if it is well late.Its had a new TCO on outlet and retested all values on elements,coil etc,I read somewhere about poor soldered joints on the PCB but can't find it again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back