Triton AS2000 O-rings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an AS2000 shower and need to know the spec of the O-rings.

After taking it to bits and reassembling it leaked at all 4 connection-elbow to central valve junctions. The original O-rings were quite hard and oval in both plan and cross-section. I assumed from long use (it's at least 15 years old). Triton don't sell O-rings as spares which seems kind of daft - only with whole big plastic components like the valve or connection elbows (which come with O-rings but are now out of stock for this model). Measuring the correct size was tricky as they are not round in either plane. I had some 13*2.5 and 15*3 neither of which fit very well, so I got some 14x2.5 which seemed pretty convincing, but still leaked hopelessly, even though this is a low-pressure shower. The seating is odd and doesn't provide very good constraint so I do wonder if in fact these need to be a special pre-ovalled O-ring, and a bit more rigid than nitrile-70?

It was interesting that whilst there were signs of weeping (some blue calcification stains) it was still working until disassembled, but I guess that's what you get with hardened o-rings: OK until disturbed.

So the question is, does anyone know what the right spec for these O-rings is and if there is some secret to refitting in a way that seals? It's just O-rings which really should be simple enough, and the shower is still in working order apart from this, despite its age.

I got fed up with this (well, mostly the wife did as a dead shower for ~2 weeks is annoying) and bought a replacement (newer AS2000XT that fits in the same plumbing and screwhole layout) and that's leaking from one o-ring too. I suspect that when I take it apart to try and fix it, it'll make things worse. So knowing what the magic O-ring spec is would be really helpful. I've asked Triton but don't expect them to be much use.

Repairability is important and O-rings ought to be a simple matter of replacement, but if you can't find out the right spec it's all rather harder. And possibly there is some detail about assembly one should know to get this right (I did try a smidge of silicone grease mostly to get them to hold in place during assembly, but that didn't help). Is there a shower-nerds forum somewhere where people collect this sort of info?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back