Triton AS2000X leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all...

As per this thread...
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/triton-as2000xt-dripping.263732/

Just been to one of these leaking (lady in her 80’s, just lost her husband, funeral this week, relatives coming, only shower, fitted just over a year ago, magazine company did it for £big, warranty out etc etc, and feel sympathy for her situation).

I don’t like getting into repairing these and usually just suggest replacement.

Is it worth investigating? Could the filters be blocked? She said it went really hot before starting to leak.

Drip is coming from temp control valve housing area.

It’s wired in with a gulper (whale pump) for waste so can’t just leave it dripping into tray.

Any pointers from those of you who might be familiar with this product.

Will try a call to Triton tech in the morning.

Cheers,
Dean

Sponsored Links
These are a pretty easy fix.
Relating to running hot i'd be checking the filters first and see if the shower is getting a cold supply from the cws.
As the leak need abit more info on where its from.
useally a seal but as the shower not that old more less rules that out.

These are a pretty easy fix.
Relating to running hot i'd be checking the filters first and see if the shower is getting a cold supply from the cws.
As the leak need abit more info on where its from.
useally a seal but as the shower not that old more less rules that out.

Cheers for the reply @seco services I only isolated it earlier today after finding shut-offs behind a bulkhead panel within the enclosure :rolleyes:. It was all done by one of those Sunday paper glossy mag companies... “Supreme Care” or summit... so you can imagine how Care Home’ish it all looks :cautious:
Took case off and all I can say is that it’s out-the-wall-pipework that then enters the unit via bottom entry... above the Hot & cold inlets is the demounting tool which is now above the collets - used as a collet-lock; above that is the filter plate and above that is the temp control housing... drip is coming from there somewhere... just wondering whether I should start disassembling upon return or go ahead with a new unit... don’t want to go down a wasted route. :)

Sponsored Links
If it's the temp assembly then it's a new valve, but never seen one leak at that age.
Sure it's not coming from the above either top filter plate, or the blanking plugs not fully home on hot/cold

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back