Triton as2000xt dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Today I have been trying to fit the above named shower. I fitted one, and when I tested the pipework i found that the unit was leaking just above where the inlets are. Faulty unit i thought. I exchanged the shower for another connected the water and hey presto, another leak in the same place. :evil:

It has an inlet for hot and cold water. Hot comes from a water tank and cold from a tank in the loft.

Can two showers have been faulty? :confused:

Sponsored Links
very much doubt both are faulty.
did you push the white plastic elbows in fully so the retaining ring pops back up.
you should be able to pull them and they won't come out.
if they do pullout easy you haven't pushed them in far enough.

The drip is above the push fit inlets. Looks like it aroung the filter area. Nevertheless I'll try pushing the pipe in further..

if its above the inlets i take it your pipework enters the bottom inlets ?
the filters will then be above, its the little plate with a crosshead screw in middle. is that where it leaks ?

Sponsored Links
Yep plumbed from the bottom. The leak is at the back if the filter housing.

what as if it is leaking from the oblong plate ?
if so remove the crosshead screw check you should have 2 black 0 rings
on the rear of the plate.
make sure they are on the plate and not been pushed into the holes.
refit plate check screw is tight but not over tightened.

Just a quick update for anyone searching in the future.

The shower is now commisioned. The problem was that the o-rings (as said above) had not been positioned properly in the factory.

Re-set them where they should be and all is well....

Glad you sorted it.

never come across them not be positioned properly from new but i aways check the filters first when commissioning the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back