Triton As2000xt shower flow control not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

The flow control doesn't appear to be working. The shower always operates at the lowest pressure. Turning the control makes no difference. The frequency and volume of noise from the pump does not change.

The shower is as new. It's been fitted for over 2 years but never used due to this issue (long story, don't ask!)

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you mean when you say the shower operates at the lowest pressure?

Was it commissioned properly? Do you get flow from the hot and cold settings with the shower turned off?

it almost sounds like it hasn't been commissioned properly or the connector hasn't been fitted properly. I'd re-commission it again first and see how you get on with that - you will need the link connector (see the MI).

Are the H and C water supply isolation valves both fully open?
Have the inlet filters been cleaned?
Is the hot flow noticeably different from the cold flow?

So I had some time on my hands...

I took the cover off to recommission the shower. Then I realised the motor wasn't turning and the noise I heard was just the hum of electric current. The brushes weren't touching the commutator!

I clicked them in to place and now it works...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back