Triton Alcor mixer shower dripping constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother-in-law has a Triton Alcor mixer shower in her bathroom, and she's complaining that water continually drips from the shower head when the shower is turned off.

The Alcor has two separate controls; flow (top) and temperature (bottom), as per the diagram below.

My thought was that the flow control was letting by, but she's had a handyman / plumber in who has said that the thermostatic cartridge was the problem.

Granted, I am a lay-person, but this doesn't make sense to me. Surely the most likely faulty component is the flow control, as when the shower is turned on, there are no issues with temperature control?

The flow control component is available as a spare, but the thermostatic cartridge has been discontinued, so she's looking at a new shower if that is indeed the problem.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks!

triton_alcor.jpg

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks for the confirmation.
Will give it a go and if not, it's only £60 wasted.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to read of difficulties with your Triton product.

The Mechanical Headworks (flow valve ) would appear to be the part required which is still available via our Spares Dept and may be ordered by telephone on 0844 980 750.

I hope that this information is of help.

Best Regards,
Karl Stein
TECHNICAL TEAM - Triton Showers.

Hello, I realise this may be a little late in the day for this thread but I'm looking to fix the flow control myself but want to be sure in doing the right thing. Once it's isolated do you unscrew the big nut behind the flow cont. housing in order to get to the o rings? Any help appreciated

Hi, unfortunately not, and spent most of yesterday trying to find one but to no avail. I even emailed triton showers. I removed it and had a good look at it but can't see a way of repairing it. I'm guessing waters seeping between the 'ceramic' plates. Im assuming ceramic.

If you have taken it out then you could leave it completely submerge in scale reducer for a couple of hours, it should fizz and might work when refitted.

Andy

Oh right I'll give it a go! Any brand you recommend considering? Would this come from a plumbing supplier? Thanks for the help, it's been driving me mad dripping for ages. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back