Triton Madrid 2 issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, just bought and installed a brand new shower (ref above) the problem i have is it runs hot and cold..These are the checks I've made.. the water pressure is fine, no twists in hoses, shower head is new so its clean.. does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Sponsored Links
that is an electric shower , cant remember if its 9.5 or 8.5 kW. but as long as you have connected to a mains cold water supply and followed the commissioning procedure And the electrics are properly installed you may have a dud . when you run cold only with electric elements off, are you getting a constant and strong flow of water ?

Yep the waters fine, have had 3 other electric showers that worked fine before fitting this one.. initially when switching the shower on i have to turn the temp nob round to at least 8 for the shower to heat up, but its too hot for me so then i turn it down to 6 and it goes stone cold.. there doesn't seem to be an in the middle temp...

you have on the power selector dial ,cold / low heat / high heat. are you getting same results on low and high settings ? the other dial acts like a tap ,just let's more water ( so temp reduces ) or less water thru (temp rises ). this shower is a very basic model ,has no thermostatic control. when you adjust the water control knob it does take several seconds before temperature stabilises. if it does not then the shower would appear to be faulty .

Sponsored Links
I think ur right.. unfortunately I threw the packaging out so can't return it

Cheers anyway terry ✅

if you have kept proof of purchase, contact triton customer service ,they will send engineer under warranty .be aware they will charge if its an installation problem. so when they arrive watch carefully what they do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back