Triton Madrid Shower problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise?
I have a Triton Madrid II shower. Over the past 2-3 days it has been running ver hot then very cold followed by very hot again
This happens continually whilst under the shower. As its heating up ok I am suspecting it is to do with the thermal over load. The problem I face is which one? There is one on top of the small cylinder and another just before the water exits at the outlet.
Can anyone tell me which one it is likely to be please?
Photo's attached to help clarify.

008.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

Sponsored Links
Have you noticed a change in water pressure on any main cold water taps?

Hi Chris. No change in pressure, no dishes being washed, no washing machine on etc. Made sure there was no other water using devices working at the time including the loo being flushed.

The outlet temperature is determined by the water flow through the heater.
If as you say, the outlet temperature is very hot, this can only be due to insufficient flow.
I suspect that the over-temp trip (thermostat by outlet) is operating correctly, cutting power to the heater. This process will "cycle" if the flow is insufficient..

The "temperature" control controls the flow-rate through the heater. Turn this to its coldest setting and check that the flow is increased. Check also that the shower head is not blocked.
Frank

Sponsored Links
Check water inlet filter for blockages. Remember to isolate electric & water supply. As suggested before, check showerhead. Mine, as is claimed, cannot be cleaned by simply rubbing the rubber outlets. I have to dismantle mine monthly and stick a pin through each hole! Don't forget how to put it back together though..... :oops:

Fault finding towards the end of doc

http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/media/1155151/madrid_2.pdf

Have just finished cleaning shower head and reducing temp at shower. Initial tests appear to be favourable. Will get the wife to try it again later, (I use the combi shower, better pressure!). I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks lads.

Also make sure the hose between shower unit and head hasn't kinked or twisted.

All back to normal now. Think the problem was either the head was blocked or she simply had the temp too high and the 'Over/Temp' was cutting in.
Once again, thanks for your help.

Just out of intrest whats the supply cable to the shower ? looks like either the sleeved cores of a pyro or rubber singles insulated and sheathed.

Are those singles within a containment system?

(ps the plumbers would love a look at that compression fitting haha)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back