Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can help me here.

Today I turned on the electric shower (Triton Madrid II) but it didn’t power on. The isolator switch light turns on initially but the light turns off when I turn the shower to any power mode. The LED power indicator on the shower does not turn on at any point.

No fuses have tripped and there is water supply to everywhere else in the house (bathroom taps are working). It was absolutely fine yesterday and it doesn’t appear to be a loose connection. The fuses aren’t tripping.

Any ideas?

I am having a kitchen fitted at the moment and the tradesmen finished up yesterday. And is it likely just a coincidence that this has happened when the tradesmen were out (they obviously turned water mains off for the tap)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, classic indication of a bad connection. Usually at the pull switch (you may have noticed a fishy smell) but could be one of the connections in the consumer unit.
Did your tradespeople do any electrical work?

Yes, classic indication of a bad connection. Usually at the pull switch (you may have noticed a fishy smell) but could be one of the connections in the consumer unit.
Did your tradespeople do any electrical work?
I’ve had an issue with the pull switch in the past. It was replaced but it could be that again. I’ll look into it.

They did do electrical work (oven, hob etc.) although most of that was done a few weeks ago. It was really just plumbing work that was done yesterday. I had thought it was coincidental this issue has coincided with their attendance.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hoping someone can help me here.

Today I turned on the electric shower (Triton Madrid II) but it didn’t power on. The isolator switch light turns on initially but the light turns off when I turn the shower to any power mode. The LED power indicator on the shower does not turn on at any point.

No fuses have tripped and there is water supply to everywhere else in the house (bathroom taps are working). It was absolutely fine yesterday and it doesn’t appear to be a loose connection. The fuses aren’t tripping.

Any ideas?

I am having a kitchen fitted at the moment and the tradesmen finished up yesterday. And is it likely just a coincidence that this has happened when the tradesmen were out (they obviously turned water mains off for the tap)?

Thanks
Fuses don’t trip, they rupture but I bet you don’t have fuses anyway.

Not pedantry but truthful information. The assistance has already been provided.

Not pedantry but truthful information. The assistance has already been provided.
Yes. Assistance has already been provided. Yet again you just had to add something that added NO VALUE.
I suppose you are just trying to make yourself look clever, or to make the OP think they have said something wrong.

It’s been lovely for the last few weeks without you bleating on with pointless digs.

He did say something wrong didn’t he? But at least he now knows his mistake. And he can learn which is the point of these forums.

And he can learn which is the point of these forums.
NO IT IS NOT.
The purpose of these forums is to assist folk who have problems. It is not there to criticise or to snipe at the unwary who use a slightly incorrect word when EVERYONE knows what they mean. The poster is here for HELP. Not for an education.

It not a vehicle for YOU to try and be holier than thou.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back