triton shower questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a triton jade electric shower. It has recently developed this symptom where after may be 5 minutes of usage, it will go cold for a few seconds then goes back to normal for a minute or 2 then go cold again... so on and so for...

What is the problem with it?/

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I suggest the high limit stat is cycling.
i.e. say water flow is too low then water overheats and the stat opens thereby reducing heat into the boiler which allows flowing water to cool the boiler, once happy it will close and alow heating to occour again .
It may be that this stat is faulty or it may be your flow is reduced.
I don`t know this particular model but with the Zante there are two such stats, one cuts phase supply from one or two elements and the other (set higher) cuts nuetral to all three.
Actualy if you follow Tritons wiring diagram it is (or was) wrong.

A common cause is that the heater can is furred up - this both reduces the flow rate and reduces the rate at which heat can be transferred to the water.

If you live in a hard water area, and the shower is a few years old, it's a pretty safe bet that this is what's happening. Check out the easy alternatives first, of course, like replacing the temperature sensor, but if the can is furred up you have 2 options.

1) New can

2) New shower

There is a 3rd option, which is to remove and descale the can, but this takes quite some time given how little descaler you can get in there at any one time.

http://www.showerdoctor.co.uk is a good source of info, diagrams, spares etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back