Replacing a broken shower unit?! Triton Jade 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Triton Jade 2 shower seems to have broken (water is spurting out of the pressure release valve) and i need to get it sorted asap. i spoke to both a plummer and electrician and they both advised a new shower unit is probably the best solution.
I need to try and do this as cheaply as possible, so what i intend to do is buy the exact same shower unit and then pay for an electrician to come and fit it.
My problem is that when i have searched the Triton Jade 2 they come with two different KW's one at 8.5 and one at 9.5 and i have no way of telling which my current shower unit is as it was installed before i bought the house.
Is this a huge problem?? I just dont want an electrician robbing me blind by telling me that things need rewiring or plumbing for the extra KW!?
thanks in advance for any responses

Sponsored Links
Buy the 8.5 kw one and you may be ok BUT I have the Jade 8.5 KW and I struggle to get wet!

You might as well upgrade to a 10.5 kw shower if you can.

lol, ok! is the KW the pressure/speed of water coming out?
If i buy any of the new Triton Jades, should it just be a case of replacing the unit or is it likely that things will have to be moved/re plumbed etc?
I dont want to buy the unit and it not be suitable....I did have an electrician coming to see it last week but they never turned up and didnt call back!!

if you look carefully around the sides of the unit (the bit on the wall) there is usually a label giving the kW of the shower

SB

Sponsored Links
ahhh yes, underneath!! its 9.5...thats brilliant thankyou!!
do you know if i can buy the same model but newer (triton jade 3) and it fit in place without any unncessary fiddling?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back