triton jade ll electric shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i've got a problem with the jade ll electric shower 9.5 kw.water is slowly dripping from the outlet pipe,will i need to replace the outlet pipe or is it the pressure relief device,or is it something else.this has happened in the past but the shower was repaired under warranty,the shower is 4yrs old should i think about replacing it. many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not necessarily....our Triton <something> 8.5kW shower had the same about 3 weeks ago. The landlord came round and was adamant it was the pressure relief valve. Taking the cover off the pressure relief valve is the last thing the water went through before going out towards the shower head. A quick comparison to the drawings in the user manual and we found the solenoid valve had actually become faulty.

Replacement was "recommended for service engineers only". The unit was replaced but I had a look at it and it wasn't hard for a competent DIYer.

I'd recommend you isolate it, take the cover off (4 screws on ours) and then look at where the water is coming from and go from there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back