Triton T60 electric shower water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a new water stabilizer valve on electric shower today,got it all back together no leaks and thought job done.But when testing the cold/hot flow is back to front.

The water flow knob is off at 12 o'clock and when turning it on anticlockwise it should be fast flow cold from 11 getting warmer by 8 boiling hot by 4 and scalding by 1 plus slower flow as it gets warmer/hot.But after fitting new one its the total opposite.....slow scalding at 11 boiling hot at 8 warmer at 4 and fast flow cold at 1,it annoying as the knob cover goes from blue to red.

Anybody any ideas as to what the problem is

Sponsored Links
Does turning the knob clockwise give hotter temperature with slower flow ? If so ,that's what it should do. But the face plate needs removing ,the knob position turned and face plate refitted.

Sponsored Links
When turning on anticlockwise it should be fast flowing cold going to slow flowing hot.......Edit title should read Triton T60si

Turning anti clockwise opens the flow, so temperature gets cooler and flow increases.
It does on my Triton Riba, and did on my previous Mira, but for some reason the Triton T60x is t'other way about! Don't know about the T60si .

When turning on anticlockwise it should be fast flowing cold going to slow flowing hot.......Edit title should read Triton T60si
OK ,forget what I wrote previous ,you are quite correct ,the t60si operates differently to most other Triton models.
Turning anti clockwise from 12 o'clock goes from cold to fully hot.
You probably have the wrong stabiliser valve ,not sure if you can actually fit it upside down.

OK ,forget what I wrote previous ,you are quite correct ,the t60si operates differently to most other Triton models.
Turning anti clockwise from 12 o'clock goes from cold to fully hot.
You probably have the wrong stabiliser valve ,not sure if you can actually fit it upside down.

That makes sense now.....the part is going back tomorrow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back