Triton T80i Electric Shower Will Not Switch Off the Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Triton shower the T80i shower it used to work well until I had to disconnect it to rebuild my bathroom. I think that some grit might have entered the shower when I reconnected it. I didn't have the manual then and had not gone through the commissioning procedure.

The shower now only works with water on off controlled by the water supply isolation valve. If I press the Start Stop button only the heater works, the shower water flow wont stop.

As I will be relocating or even replacing the shower when I rebuild my bathroom I have been happy to use the shower just by opening the isolator valve then switching the power to the shower on. However, there is a leak that is coming from the top of the solenoid unit and I am worried about the wisdom of using it in this condition.

so I have two problems: the Start Stop button and the water flow, and the leak. Does anyone know whether the solenoid is the part that needs replacing and whether there is anything else I should check?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have owned the same shower for many years and the solenoid valve has been replaced 3 times. Triton will sell you a replacement valve.

Thanks Kevnurse for the info. Does that mean that it is the solenoid that's causing the trouble?

I doubt that it is the solenoid at fault. If water flows with the power off, it will be the valve jammed open. Anyway, Triton will only sell you the complete assembly (solenoid and valve).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back