triton t80i - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

my triton t80i electric shower has stopped producing hot water. It has worked fine since i moved in which has been about a year. The power is on to the unit and the water is flowing but it is cold. The low pressure indicator is half and half but has always been like that. Also i thought it may be that the thermal cut out has activated. i have seen in another post that this is resettable with a button on top of the heating element. is this true?

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately it is now necessary to switch it off, and open it up. It could be the overheat cut out, but if its reasonably elderly it is more likely the elements. Do you have a meter with an 'ohms' range - the only easy way to test is to measure the resistance of the elements and the associated parts. (expect an element resistance of less than 10 ohms, and everything else to be less than an ohm - given the precision of most small meters this is as good as you will see. Very few models hae a resettable cut out, usually it is more of a themal fuse, and a trip to your local plumbers merchant will be necessary, and possibly a bit of telephoning round - same applies if its the element. It may be better to replace the whole unit if more than one thing is defective.
If it all measures OK dont rule out the possibility that a chalked up hose or inlet filter flow rate, and gives a low flow/low pressure problems.
Good luck.
regards M.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back