Triton T80i replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We inherited a Triton T80i 8.5kw when we purchased our house 2 years ago and have decided to change it as it's running cold - and looks pretty old !
Thing is, having read the various forums (including this one), we thought we could do a straight swap, but what we now think is that Mr Bodgit who lived here before didn't use the correct electrical entry point for the Triton T80i. So whilst we thought we could so a straight swap, we now can't.

We were hoping to buy a Mira Sport Max (2012 chrome) but don't know if that will fit, so went for the cheap and cheerful Triton Madrid II from Argos, only to find that the entry points don't match as they should.

Ive uploaded some photos of the currently mounted Triton T80i.

Can anyone offer a suggestions as to an easy replacement? Dont want to have to replumb etc. We have a combi boiler so no chance of a power shower (which we'd prefer).

photo.jpg

You can see in this second photo that previous owner has smashed through the back to create an entry point.!?!?!

photo2.jpg

And a little vid to show close up of various parts in case of need...

[/img]

Sponsored Links
this shows the measurements of the currently installed Trition T80i (not installed in accordance with correct entry points).

measurements.jpg

Sponsored Links
Your not going to find a shower with wire entry that high and in the middle.
Is that a solid wall or plasterboard wall ? is there any play on the cable ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back