Triton T80i "pumped" shower alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new here.

I've got a bit of a dilemma. I moved into my house last year, and have suffered at the hands of a Triton T80i shower ever since. Now, I'm in the process of renovating the bathroom and I thought I could take this opportunity to replace the shower.

My problem is, the shower runs off a cold water tank in the loft and it has an inbuilt pump, but the pressure I get out of it is frankly pathetic. For example, if I take the shower head off the rail and turn it upside down, rather than the water shooting up in the air, it literally just flows over the shower head and down the drain. Don't get me wrong, the shower gets me wet (just), but doesn't offer any more power than a passing (light) rain shower.

Now, I'm not expecting to be blasted out of the shower door, and I appreciate my options are probably limited running off the one cold water tank, but I just wondered what my options are exactly?

BTW, the water pressure into the house is terrible. My neighbours (on the same supply) found this to their cost when they had their electric shower replaced with a mains one. Yorkshire Water have tested the supply at the first house on the supply (I'm 4th and last) and it's well within limits. To get my own supply connected up would cost 1000's apparently. Not to mention I'd have to rip out my (fairly new) kitchen and all the hall floor etc.

So, basically I'm after an alternative to my current Triton T80i that will give me a bit more power (rather than a trickle).

Thanks for any help

Jon.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure about this shower?
I did a quick google to make sure, but the Triton T80i is an electric shower, and is fed by MAINS cold water which is heated as is passes through the shower. It is not pumped internally or elsewhere.

Electric showers do not give much of a shower, especially in the winter when the flow must be reduced to acheive the desired temperature.

Your main options are:
Get a higher power electric shower, but this may well involve upgrading the cable supplying it, and I think you will still be disappointed.

If you have a combi boiler, you can get a nice shower off them as long as another hot tap is not turned on...

If you have a vented cylinder, you could get a pumped, power shower.

T80 si is the pumped version.

as you said your mains pressure is terrible so a higher kw mains fed shower is out of the question.

as said if you have a cylinder i would opt for a power shower ie AS2000XT.

a pic would help id it

Thanks for the quick response!

Sorry, my mistake. Just looked at some pics and it would appear I do indeed have the si version.

I do have a combi boiler, but like I say, the water pressure feeding my house is abysmal. To run a bath takes 30 mins! So I see little point in having a shower running through that. So, now I've cleared up which shower I have, is there a viable alternative out there?

Just wish I could get my mains water pressure fixed :(

Sponsored Links
there are only a few electric pumped showers.

the t80si is useally a good little shower regarding flow have you ever cleaned the inlet filter ?

Can't say I have. Where would I find the inlet filter? Is it just a case of removing the front cover?

Thanks!

isolate the water feed to shower.
remove cover.
looking at the bottom righthand side corner is the circular filter unscrew the top and thats the filter inside.

Thanks for that. Not sure how I isolate the water to the shower. I'll have a look around the tank in the loft. Hopefully there's a tap.

Thanks again

Jon.

once you replace filter it's advised you bleed the pump before using shower.
turn water supply back on.
top righthand corner on the end of the pump is a thumb screw connected to a plastic pipe unscrew one turn full turn till the water runs then close.

if you get stuck i have the instructions for this shower. ;)

You're a star. Thanks so much for your help. I'll have a look at it when I get in.

And I'll be back on here if I get stuck ;)

Cheers

Jon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back