Triton T80i Low Pressure Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just completed a minor plumbing repair that was nothing to do with showers but involved turning off the main stopcock. Before I turned the stopcock off, the lady mentioned that the shower head attached to the Triton T80i in the main bathroom was leaking and asked me to look at it. I dismantled the shower head, cleaned it out, put it back and everything appeared to be working OK. I then turned off the stopcock, did the minor tap repair and turned the stopcock back on again. The lady then mentioned that she was also having a problem with the shower (head?) in the en-suite bathroom. This turned out to be another Triton T80i and when I turned it on. because the stopcock had been turned off and some water had drained out of the pipes, the initial water flow came out in spurts. However, when the water flow had settled down again, it didn't heat up because the low pressure flag shows "red". I then went back to the shower in the main bathroom and it did exactly the same! Now the only way I can get either shower to heat the water (power light to come on) is to take the shower head off and put my finger over the end of the flexible pipe. The pressure flag then just about changes to green. The water pressure appears to be OK (although I haven't measured it) and it's certainly fine at the taps. The stopcock is now fully open although it wasn't when I first arrived at the house. Have I broken both pressure sensing devices in the showers or could the initial "spurting" have dislodged some limescale (we live in a hard water area) and blocked the inlet filters? If the latter, how easy is it to check and clean the filters?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back