Triton T80xr problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The shower will run for a few min and then just stop flowing water. Low Pressure light comes on. Seems to happen more in the morning than in the evening. I ran it for about 5 min last night with no problems but the last 2 mornings I have been caught out with it cutting out mid shower.

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/triton/T80XR.html

Would it possibly be the solenoid valve over heating and closing up?

Sponsored Links
check the solenoid valve for resistance with a multi meter when it fails.
isolate the showers power and test it.
your looking for a reading of 3.4 ohms or above.

check the solenoid valve for resistance with a multi meter when it fails.
isolate the showers power and test it.
your looking for a reading of 3.4 ohms or above.
Thanks for that...

I just ohmed out the solenoid terminals with the power off and it was open circuit. Is it the solenoid then?

Sponsored Links
they are about £40 cause they come as complete unit stabiliser valve/solenoid valve.

but you can get the solenoid valve on its own from certain places
for about £12 as thats the bit that has failed.
it just sits on a centre spindle.

their is a shower guy on ebay that does them on their own.
he gives a good service and are genuine products.

triton t80xr

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I managed to get my hands on a new stabiliser valve/solenoid assembly and replaced them this morning so its back working now, thanks.

I'm going to keep the old assembly, but thinking about getting a solenoid separately and just replacing that, thing is it doesn't seem to come off.

I'm able to pull it out to the end of the spindle but then it gets stuck. Is it just a matter of brute force to get the valve off completely?

yes it just catches the lip on the solenoid coil. just give it a pull it'll come off.

Hi, 1st post :)

I just came across this site after googling when my shower failed to come on this morning. It worked fine last night and never giving me any grief before.....

it is 3 years old and i do live in a hard water area however hopefully it is just the solenoid rather than the entire heating element being gunged up.

The thing is, i am rather inept at DIY things, so i was wondering if there is a guide somewhere, ideally with pics on how to remove the solenoid, and actually probably even more handy (as i can probably figure that out) what points to put a multi meter accross to work out if it is faulty. (is it the 2 pins?)

I looked at the shower doc above, and removed the 3 screws on the plastic cover labelled number 5, however this was just a plastic screw type thing. i am not really comfortable dismantelling more without a guide

i do not have a multimeter but am sure someone at work will

cheers

M.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back